* Building Hibachi
@ 2008-04-03 15:16 Lucretia
From: Lucretia @ 2008-04-03 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Has anyone actually managed to build this from source within (or
outside of) Eclipse? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks,
Luke.

* Re: Building Hibachi
@ 2008-04-03 16:18 ` Tero Koskinen
From: Tero Koskinen @ 2008-04-03 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:16:57 -0700 (PDT) Lucretia wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone actually managed to build this from source within (or
> outside of) Eclipse? If so, how do you do it?

I did inside Eclipse 3.2 (on OpenBSD 4.3).

Here are my notes:
 1: Install Antlr plugin from http://www.javadude.com/eclipse/update/
 2: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.antlr
 3: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.core
 4: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.core.linux
 5: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.ui
 6: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.feature
 7: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.debug
 8: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.debug.ui
 9: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.launch
10: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.debug.mi
11: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.debug.mi.ui
12: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.update
13: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.addons.gnat
    Add org.eclipse.core.resources to plugin dependencies
14: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.addons.gnat.feature
15: Checkout org.eclipse.hibachi.addons.gnat.linux
    Add org.eclipse.core.resources to plugin dependencies
16: Run as Eclipse application

Note, this is about one or two months ago, there might be some Antlr
related changes done after that.

A screenshot:
http://iki.fi/tero.koskinen/hibachi-openbsd-1.png

--
Tero Koskinen - http://iki.fi/tero.koskinen/

* Re: Building Hibachi
@ 2008-04-03 19:27   ` Lucretia
From: Lucretia @ 2008-04-03 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, that worked. I didn't have to sort out the dependencies
though.

Ok, so you can set up a project to use with GNAT, you can't run it or
debug it from within Eclipse, so there are massive limitations with
this at the moment.

Luke.

* Re: Building Hibachi
@ 2008-04-03 23:18   ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2008-04-03 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 12:27 -0700, Lucretia wrote:
> Thanks, that worked. I didn't have to sort out the dependencies
> though.
>
> Ok, so you can set up a project to use with GNAT, you can't run it or
> debug it from within Eclipse, so there are massive limitations with
> this at the moment.

Please remember that (AFAIKT) Hibachi has been planned, made, and
made available by Aonix personnel. Aonix offers a nice programmable
debugger. So the Hibachi limitation you see might be GNAT's,
supporting for a Free, supported, and portable Ada environment:
Hibachi.

Does GNATBench achieve a few things in the direction of
supporting Ada compilers besides a suitable version
of GNAT from AdaCore?

* Re: Building Hibachi
@ 2008-04-04 12:42     ` Tom Grosman, ADT Project Lead
From: Tom Grosman, ADT Project Lead @ 2008-04-04 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Lucretia" <lucretia9@lycos.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news:
989f2942-99b7-4dfa-8317-7a8c1030c8b6@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
> Thanks, that worked. I didn't have to sort out the dependencies
> though.
>
> Ok, so you can set up a project to use with GNAT, you can't run it or
> debug it from within Eclipse, so there are massive limitations with
> this at the moment.
>
> Luke.

Hello Luke,

Hibachi does work with GNAT and gdb. There are people (other than the
Hibachi developers) who have successfully built it. There is a dedicated
newsgroup for Hibachi ***user*** questions-  eclipse.tools.hibachi. Eclipse
requires a password to access their newsgroup server, to avoid spam. See
http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/ .

There is also a mailing-list for Hibachi development (i.e. people who are
developing, modifying or integrating with the Hibachi plugin itself) to
which the Hibachi committers are subscribed. That would be the best place to
get help for building Hibachi. See
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/hibachi-dev .

Hibachi bug tracking is available through Bugzilla-
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/ (registration required). Bugzilla will allow
you to view the buglist, open a new bug, as welll as submit bug fixes and
new functionality.

Currently, the Hibachi team is working on releasing the first downloadable
version. Due to Eclipse Public License (EPL)requirements, there have been
some significant changes necessary in the migration of the AonixADT code
base to Hibachi, especially in the area of ANTLR. Because there is no stable
release yet, it still may be possible to download a snapshot that has some
build difficulties or inconsistancies. Again, posting to the hibachi-dev
list is the best way to get assistance.

Finally, Hibachi is an open source project and community. Your participation
and input is solicited. There is a Hibachi Wiki that anyone can contribute
to. If you would care to add to it (eg  a "How to Build Hibachi" entry, or
FAQ), it would be a help to the whole community

Tom

* Re: Building Hibachi
@ 2008-04-04 12:48       ` Tom Grosman, Hibachi Project Lead
From: Tom Grosman, Hibachi Project Lead @ 2008-04-04 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)