* Re: "Classic Ada"
@ 1991-07-17  1:35 George  C. Harrison, Norfolk State University
From: George  C. Harrison, Norfolk State University @ 1991-07-17  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1204.288365b0@vger.nsu.edu>, g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu (George C. Har
rison, Norfolk State University) writes:
>      What does anyone know about Classic Ada?  I believe it's an Ada product
> that has all the object-oriented properties of C++ and has an Ada subset.
>
>      Is it's Ada subset validated?
          ^^^^
       ooops... I forgot about the PC on using correct American English here.

       Is its Ada subset validated?

(phew!!)
George
Internet:  g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu    Phone:  804-683-8654

* Re: "Classic Ada"
@ 1991-07-17 17:14 cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!samsung!crackers!m2c!risky.e
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!samsung!crackers!m2c!risky.e @ 1991-07-17 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Classic Ada is a product of
        Software Productivity Solutions, Inc.
        P. O. Box 361697
        Melbourne FL, 32936

I have an old reference manual (1989) for the product.  At the time,
Classic Ada was a preprocessor, not a compiler.  It outputs standard
Ada.
        /s
--
Alexander Erskine Wise /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Software Development Laboratory
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ WISE@CS.UMASS.EDU /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

* Re: "Classic Ada"
@ 1991-07-18 10:15 George C. Harr ison, Norfolk State University
From: George C. Harr ison, Norfolk State University @ 1991-07-18 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <SANDY.91Jul17131457@beeker.cs.umass.edu>, sandy@beeker.cs.umass.edu
 (& Wise) writes:
> Classic Ada is a product of
>         Software Productivity Solutions, Inc.
>         P. O. Box 361697
>         Melbourne FL, 32936
>
> I have an old reference manual (1989) for the product.  At the time,
> Classic Ada was a preprocessor, not a compiler.  It outputs standard
> Ada.
> Alexander Erskine Wise /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Software Development Laborato
ry

Thanks for the followup.  I have received about 12 responses in email within 24
hours of posting plus a call from the Classic-Ada folks.

That speak of this product as a PDL and gave me the following information:

Classic-Ada
Software Productivity Solutions
122 North 4th Avenue
Indiatlantic  FL 32903
  407-984-3370

and thanks to all who sent the timely responses.

George C. Harrison, Professor of Computer Science
Norfolk State University, 2401 Corprew Avenue, Norfolk VA 23504
Internet:  g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu    Phone:  804-683-8654