From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: An easy way to simple scientific plots (in Ada)?
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:10:54 +0100
Date: 2007-12-27T10:10:58+01:00	[thread overview]

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:07:29 -0800 (PST), JPWoodruff@gmail.com wrote:

> I tried to follow Jeff's suggestion - installed fresh new gtkada2.8
> from adacore, then installed fresh Win_IO 3.0 from its source.

For what it is worth, the latest available GtkAda is 2.10.

BTW, GtkAda has its own plotting widgets in Gtk.Extra.Plot

http://www.adacore.com/wp-content/files/auto_update/gtkada-docs/gtkada_rm/gtkada_rm/gtk-extra-plot.html

When I tried it it worked. (Though I ended up with writing my own widget
because I needed highlighting, filling under the curves and other specific
feature, nevertheless). From what can see Win_IO uses the same widget.

http://www.ctr.unican.es/win_io/

So there should be some version incompatibilities. Win_IO refers to GtkAda
2.4. I think you should ask the maintainers to review the code in order to
make it compatible with 2.10.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov