* I think I'm going to learn something
@ 2007-11-09 16:31 andrew
From: andrew @ 2007-11-09 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a situation I don't understand.  Here is my example:

package X
    procedure in_order(root: node_ptr; count: integer := 0);
    procedure post_order(root: node_ptr; count: integer := 0);
end X;

package body X
    procedure in_order(root: node_ptr; count: integer := 0) is
    end in_order;

    procedure post_order(root: node_ptr; count: integer := 0) is
    end post_order
end X;

Now, I have a main procedure that calls post_order but the output is
the output that was written in the in_order procedure.  Hmmm........I
don't get it.

* Re: I think I'm going to learn something
@ 2007-11-09 16:52 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2007-11-09 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrew

andrew a �crit :
> Now, I have a main procedure that calls post_order but the output is
> the output that was written in the in_order procedure.  Hmmm........I
> don't get it.

???? you have a bug in post_order procedure !

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|

* Re: I think I'm going to learn something
@ 2007-11-09 16:58   ` andrew
From: andrew @ 2007-11-09 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> ???? you have a bug in post_order procedure !

Yep.  Sure do.  Found it about 30 seconds after posting my message.
Well, it's not technically a bug, it's a typo.  I copied code out of
the in_order procedure to use/alter for the post_order procedure.
When I did that I never changed the recursive calls to in_order to be
recursive calls to post_order withing the post_order procedure.  So
post_order recursively called in_order and gave me the in_order output
with the post_order order.