From: gordon@Stars.Reston.Unisys.COM (Del Gordon)
Subject: Wanted: Performance Analysis Tools on PCs Info
Date: 16 May 91 20:32:21 GMT	[thread overview]

Hello,
	I'd like to obtain information about performance analysis or
   monitoring tools for Ada on 386-based PCs (running DOS).  There's a
   project where Ada and PCs are required, and run-time performance
   analysis is required to show that a given program does not use more
   than a given percentage of the CPU or memory at any time.  We'd
   like to use Meridian, but a call to that vendor indicates that they
   have no performance analysis tools available for their compiler.  I
   know other vendors have Ada performance analysis tools for other
   platforms such as Sun.  However, this project requires PCs.

	Are there any commercial third-party Ada performance analysis
   tools available, and would they always be tied to a particular
   compiler?  The module level of granularity would be sufficient for
   the project, but granularity down to a line level would be useful.

	Which compiler vendors that support the PC world also have
   performance analysis tools available?

	Finally, if all else fails and we have to "grow our own," does
   anybody have any experience with performance analysis (or code ;)
   they'd like to share?

	Thanks for all replies.  Please e-mail me unless you think
   there's sufficient interest to post to this group.  I'll summarize
   replies for the net.  (Sorry if this subject has been discussed
   recently.)

Thanks for any info,
Del Gordon

  / |>el <-ordon  |><-  \ Internet: gordon@stars.reston.unisys.com __________/