* win32.ads not found error
@ 2007-10-20 13:47 LK
From: LK @ 2007-10-20 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please help an ADA novice with the following issue

I'm trying to build a simple GUI example from AdaPower.com, the Hello World
Dialog from David Botton, with no success.

win32ada-gpl-2007 has been installed and yet, the compilation fails with
this error:

... file "win32.ads" not found

What way shall the compiler /GNAT + GPS GPL Edition/ be set up so references
to additional units are resolved?

Thanks,

Karl

* Re: win32.ads not found error
@ 2007-10-22 16:58 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2007-10-22 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

LK wrote:

> Please help an ADA novice with the following issue
>
> I'm trying to build a simple GUI example from AdaPower.com, the Hello
> World Dialog from David Botton, with no success.
>
> win32ada-gpl-2007 has been installed and yet, the compilation fails with
> this error:
>
> ... file "win32.ads" not found
>
> What way shall the compiler /GNAT + GPS GPL Edition/ be set up so
> references to additional units are resolved?

The win32 package - which even comes with a nice installer.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: win32.ads not found error
@ 2007-10-22 18:14   ` LK
From: LK @ 2007-10-22 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for your answer. I had installed the package before I began with the
example.

Cheers,

Karl

"Martin Krischik" <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> az al�bbiakat �rta a
k�vetkezo h�r�zenetben: 1284531.ivraFQ7FWU@linux1.krischik.com...
> LK wrote:
>
> > Please help an ADA novice with the following issue
> >
> > I'm trying to build a simple GUI example from AdaPower.com, the Hello
> > World Dialog from David Botton, with no success.
> >
> > win32ada-gpl-2007 has been installed and yet, the compilation fails with
> > this error:
> >
> > ... file "win32.ads" not found
> >
> > What way shall the compiler /GNAT + GPS GPL Edition/ be set up so
> > references to additional units are resolved?
>
> The win32 package - which even comes with a nice installer.
>
> Martin
> --
> mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net
> Ada programming at: http://ada.krischik.com

* Re: win32.ads not found error
@ 2007-10-23 16:42     ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2007-10-23 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Oct 22, 11:14 am, "LK" <a...@bb.cc> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer. I had installed the package before I began with the
> example.
>
> > > ... file "win32.ads" not found
>
> > > What way shall the compiler /GNAT + GPS GPL Edition/ be set up so
> > > references to additional units are resolved?
>
> > The win32 package - which even comes with a nice installer.

Just set the variables ADA_INCLUDE_PATH and ADA_OBJECTS_PATH as shown
below where Install_Dir is the installed directory, normally GNAT, and
C is the hard drive.

set ADA_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\Install_Dir\include\win32ada;%ADA_INCLUDE_PATH
%

set ADA_OBJECTS_PATH=C:\Install_Dir\lib\win32ada;%ADA_OBJECTS_PATH%

If a project is used, just import the win32ada.gpr to your project. It
is normally located at C:\Install_Dir\lib\gnat directory. Good luck.

AV

* Re: win32.ads not found error
@ 2007-10-25 18:29       ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2007-10-25 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anh Vo wrote:

> On Oct 22, 11:14 am, "LK" <a...@bb.cc> wrote:
>> Thanks for your answer. I had installed the package before I began with
>> the example.

>> > The win32 package - which even comes with a nice installer.
>
> Just set the variables ADA_INCLUDE_PATH and ADA_OBJECTS_PATH as shown
> below where Install_Dir is the installed directory, normally GNAT, and
> C is the hard drive.
>
> set ADA_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\Install_Dir\include\win32ada;%ADA_INCLUDE_PATH
> %
>
> set ADA_OBJECTS_PATH=C:\Install_Dir\lib\win32ada;%ADA_OBJECTS_PATH%
>
> If a project is used, just import the win32ada.gpr to your project. It
> is normally located at C:\Install_Dir\lib\gnat directory. Good luck.

Well, that is the old fashioned way. The new way is to set ADA_PROJECT_FILE
to C:\Install_Dir\lib and then

with "win32ada.gpr";

in you project file.

Martin
--

@ 2007-10-26 17:08         ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2007-10-26 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Oct 25, 11:29 am, Martin Krischik <krisc...@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:
> Anh Vo wrote:
> > On Oct 22, 11:14 am, "LK" <a...@bb.cc> wrote:
> >> Thanks for your answer. I had installed the package before I began with
> >> the example.

> > Just set the variables ADA_INCLUDE_PATH and ADA_OBJECTS_PATH as shown
> > below where Install_Dir is the installed directory, normally GNAT, and
> > C is the hard drive.
>
> > set ADA_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\Install_Dir\include\win32ada;%ADA_INCLUDE_PATH
> > %
>
> > set ADA_OBJECTS_PATH=C:\Install_Dir\lib\win32ada;%ADA_OBJECTS_PATH%
>
> > If a project is used, just import the win32ada.gpr to your project. It
> > is normally located at C:\Install_Dir\lib\gnat directory. Good luck.
>
> Well, that is the old fashioned way. The new way is to set ADA_PROJECT_FILE
> to C:\Install_Dir\lib and then
>
> with "win32ada.gpr";
>
> in you project file.

This way is even cooler. I just forgot about it. Thanks for pointing
it out.

AV