From: llothar <llothar@web.de>
Subject: Re: Only one Ada vendor?
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 02:33:47 -0700
Date: 2007-10-25T02:33:47-07:00	[thread overview]

> without buying licenses.   If Apex and ClearCase were marketed with an
> open-source, support focused business model (instead of a license fee
> focused business model) I'm convinced they would have a lot more
> success in the market.

I don't believe. Way to many people think that all can be payed by
support
but this is simply not the truth. Especially for a development
environment
i can't  really see any successfull business model - and i don't see
to much of it (Elicpse is a total different beast) all others pay for
an IDE/compiler.