From: Lucretia <lucretia9@lycos.co.uk>
Subject: Re: What are the limitations imposed by GNAT without runtime?
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:24:23 -0700
Date: 2007-10-10T12:24:23-07:00	[thread overview]

On Oct 10, 8:00 pm, Lucretia <lucret...@lycos.co.uk> wrote:

>  14.1 pragma No Run Time
>
> >  The pragma No_Run_Time is used to achieve an affect similar to the
> >  use of the "Zero Foot Print" configurable run time, but without
>
> And this ZFP profile doesn't exist in the gcc-4.2.2 docs, it's
> mentioned in 14.1, but that's all.

On having a grep in the source, I found this in targparm.ads:

   --  The corresponding string constant is placed immediately at the
start
   --  of the private part of system.ads if is present, e.g. in the
form:

   --    Run_Time_Name : constant String := "Zero Footprint Run Time";

   --  the corresponding messages will look something like

   --    xxx not supported (Zero Footprint Run Time)

   Run_Time_Name_On_Target : Name_Id := No_Name;
   --  Set to appropriate names table entry Id value if a
Run_Time_Name
   --  string constant is defined in system.ads. This name is used
only
   --  for the configurable run-time case, and is used to parametrize
   --  messages that complain about non-supported run-time features.
   --  The name should contain only letters A-Z, digits 1-9, spaces,
   --  and underscores.

Dunno, if this'll work if I just take the standard system.ads from gcc/
ada and modify it.

There is also an entry in system.ads:

   Configurable_Run_Time     : constant Boolean := False;

which seems to refer to the Run_Time_Name_On_Target above.

Luke.