From: eliben <eliben@gmail.com>
Subject: parent package referring to child
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 23:23:17 -0700
Date: 2007-10-09T23:23:17-07:00	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-8-i", Size: 687 bytes --]

Hello,

I have a package FOO that encapsulates a large part of the system. Now
I need to add to it a public type (that should be visible by external
code) with a lot of enumerated names (hundreds). I don't want to fill
the spec of FOO with this huge type, so I thought it would be a good
idea to create a subpackage: FOO.Names, and place the type there.

However, declarations of subprograms in the spec of FOO must refer to
the names from FOO.Names, and Ada 95 won't let me do that because it's
parent referring to child.

Is there any way to overcome this problem ? Perhaps a different design
that suits the requirement and doesn't go against the Ada standard ?

Thanks in advance.