From: Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: High-integrity networking
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:57:50 -0700
Date: 2007-10-09T13:57:50-07:00	[thread overview]

On 9 Pa , 19:37, "Jeffrey R. Carter"
<spam.jrcarter....@acm.nospam.org> wrote:

> I'd probably design such a system as a
> distributed/Annex-E Ravenscar system, then try to ensure that the
> non-Ada parts are equivalent to what an Ada implementation would be, and
> that all communications are equivalent to what would take place in a
> fully Annex-E implementation.
>
> > I have already found CSP (Communicating Sequential Processes), which
> > is one possible approach, although what I have seen up to now leaves
> > some "minor" details in the air, like the startup of the whole system.
> > Ravenscar can afford this, because it's the language implementation
> > that has to more or less transparently take care of all these issues,
> > but heterogenous systems might need some more explicit handling.

Which is, basically, what I imagined at the beginning - but I have an
impression that some of the details might need to be more pronounced
in the explicitly distributed system. I will repeat the startup issue
with its inherent timing/ordering problems.

I can also imagine supporting this process (especially the last part
of your sentence above) with some model-driven generation of skeletons
for different nodes.

MDD with Ada/Ravenscar as a DSL for modeling communication patterns?
Sounds like a nice subject for a paper. :-)

--
Maciej Sobczak * www.msobczak.com * www.inspirel.com