* Announce: QtAda 0.2.0
@ 2007-09-28 16:58 Vadim Godunko
From: Vadim Godunko @ 2007-09-28 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are pleased to announce new release of QtAda 0.2.0. This is major
feature release. It includes:

- support for MS Windows/MinGW (binary packages will be available
soon)

- bindings to QAbstractPrintDialog, QAbstractProxyModel, QColor,
QDockWidget, QKeySequence, QListWidget, QMessageBox, QPrintDialog,
QSyntaxHighlighter, QTabBar, QTabWidget, QTextEdit and QTextFrame
classes

- extended support for QPolygonF, QPainterPath, QPainter,
QGraphicsScene classes

- main window subclassing and dock widgets use example (examples/
main_windows/dock_widgets)

- many memory leaks fixed

- new implementation of constructors for "primitive" classes avoids
unnecessary memory allocation/deallocation cycles (around 27%) and
copy operations

QtAda can be downloaded from SourceForge site:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtada/

QtAda is an Ada2005 language bindings to Qt 4.2 and Qt 4.3. Its allow
easly create powerfull graphical user interface on Ada. QtAda use
native thread safe signal/slot mechanism, provide access to more than
120 Qt classes, provide Ada-aware meta object compiler, support
development of custom widgets and Qt Designer's custom widget plugins,
support

All questions and comment are welcome!

* Re: Announce: QtAda 0.2.0
@ 2007-09-29 11:05 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2007-09-29 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vadim Godunko <vgodunko@gmail.com> writes:

> We are pleased to announce new release of QtAda 0.2.0.

> <snip>

> All questions and comment are welcome!

This looks very interesting.

I suggest you include a direct link to the Qt Open Source download
page; it took me a while to find it.

http://trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/index

I've downloaded that, but have not tried to compile it yet. I'm on
Windows XP; I have mingw installed.

Apparently the open source edition includes the full Qt Designer? That
is _very_ interesting; I've been looking for an alternative to Visual
Basic for a home database GUI interface project that I need to upgrade
from VB 3.1 (10 years old!).

I suppose I should give GtkAda and Gnade another try, but it was
painful the last time around.

Do any of the Qt classes provide database functions? In particular,
binding database record fields to display/edit fields is very easy in
VB (not so easy in Gnade).

Ah; I found the Qt manual online
(http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/groups.html), and there are database
classes; QSqlDatabase, QSqlField etc. I'll definitely give this a try.

Hmm. Grep'ing for 'database' and 'sql' in the QtAda source gave no
hits. So maybe I'll have to write that binding; that's ok, if the rest
works nicely.

Thanks for the pointer!

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Announce: QtAda 0.2.0
@ 2007-09-29 12:16   ` Vadim Godunko
From: Vadim Godunko @ 2007-09-29 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 29, 3:05 pm, Stephen Leake <stephen_le...@stephe-leake.org>
wrote:

> This looks very interesting.

Thanks!

> I've downloaded that, but have not tried to compile it yet. I'm on
> Windows XP; I have mingw installed.

You may found detailed instructions in INSTALL.Windows file in source
archive. Or wait some times before binary package for Windows will be
available.

> Apparently the open source edition includes the full Qt Designer? That
> is _very_ interesting;
Yes, it includes full functional Qt Designer.

> Do any of the Qt classes provide database functions? In particular,
> binding database record fields to display/edit fields is very easy in
> VB (not so easy in Gnade).
>
> Ah; I found the Qt manual online
> (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/groups.html), and there are database
> classes; QSqlDatabase, QSqlField etc. I'll definitely give this a try.

QtSql module not implemented in QtAda for now.

* Re: Announce: QtAda 0.2.0
@ 2007-10-05 18:14 ` Vadim Godunko
From: Vadim Godunko @ 2007-10-05 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 28, 8:58 pm, Vadim Godunko <vgodu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are pleased to announce new release of QtAda 0.2.0. This is major
> feature release. It includes:
>
> - support for MS Windows/MinGW (binary packages will be available
> soon)

Andry Ogorodnik have contribute MS Windows binary packages for QtAda!

See QtAda download page on SourceForge site:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtada/