* can not download GPL gnat pro from AdaCore
@ 2007-09-09 11:57 justman
From: justman @ 2007-09-09 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

it's too slow to download and can use download tools software like
flashget!
how can i download?
i think AdaCore may let download more easy!

* Re: can not download GPL gnat pro from AdaCore
@ 2007-09-09 12:05 ` justman
From: justman @ 2007-09-09 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

and can not use download tools software like flashget!

* Re: can not download GPL gnat pro from AdaCore
@ 2007-09-09 13:02 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2007-09-09 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

justman <wangcity@gmail.com> writes:
> it's too slow to download and can use download tools software like
> flashget!  how can i download?  i think AdaCore may let download
> more easy!

GNAT GPL Edition is big, several dozen megabytes depending on the
add-ons you choose and the platform where you want to install.  No
tool can change that as the files on AdaCore's libre site are already
compressed.

AdaCore gives it away for free.  You should not complain about it but
be grateful to AdaCore for providing great software at no cost.

If your problem is a slow connection (< 1 Mbit/s) to the Internet, a
more constructive approach would be to ask if someone on this group is
willing to provide GNAT GPL Edition to you on CD-ROM, and at what
price.  AdaCore also provides GNAT Pro on CD-ROM for a price.  You
would have to say what machine and operating system you want to use
GNAT on.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: can not download GPL gnat pro from AdaCore
@ 2007-09-09 13:39 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2007-09-09 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 04:57:10 -0700, justman wrote:

> it's too slow to download and can use download tools software like
> flashget!
> how can i download?

Here is an FTP mirror:

ftp://ftp.mipt.ru/ada

> i think AdaCore may let download more easy!

They want some sort of user registration, I guess.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: can not download GPL gnat pro from AdaCore
@ 2007-09-10  0:44   ` justman
From: justman @ 2007-09-10  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Here is an FTP mirror:
>
> ftp://ftp.mipt.ru/ada
>
> > i think AdaCore may let download more easy!
>
> They want some sort of user registration, I guess.

thank you very much!!!