From: petter_fryklund@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Porting problems from Solaris to Redhat Linux using GNAT 5.01a on both.
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 03:55:37 -0700
Date: 2007-06-19T03:55:37-07:00	[thread overview]

On 19 Juni, 12:27, "Alex R. Mosteo" <devn...@mailinator.com> wrote:
>  petter_frykl...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > First we got circularity detected in elaboration for a rather complex
> > generic structure. This does not happen in Solaris. A pragma Suppress
> > (Elaboration_Check) allowed us to build. But elaboration never
> > completes. We suspect that a PROGRAM_ERROR has been raise, but see no
> > trace of it. Last entry of call stack is an instantiation of generic
> > package that needed pragma Suppress to build.
>
> > Task Display does not work, always empty.
>
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Have you tried the -gnatE switch? Elaboration checks by gnat default to a
> static, more restricted mechanism than required. It helped me in the past,
> although nowadays I prefer to make my programs buildable without this
> switch.

Thanks for the swift response.

Yes, it did not help at all. But perhaps the combination of pragma
Suppress and -gnatE? Unfortunatly this is a big application depending
on a large infrastructure set using complex generics. I don't
understand why it differs between Solaris and Linux, but perhaps same
release level is just an illusion.

/Petter