From: ezkcdude <zamir.evan@gmail.com>
Subject: Ada book recommendation from a newbie
Date: 31 May 2007 05:07:55 -0700
Date: 2007-05-31T05:07:55-07:00	[thread overview]

I'm not asking for a recommendation. Rather, I just wanted to say that
I started reading the Ben-Ari book "Ada for Software Engineers" (ASE),
and I really like it. I had been reading Barnes' Ada 95 book, while
informative, it wasn't really that fun to read. For whatever reason,
Ben-Ari has a really nice writing style, which is all the more
interesting given he is Israeli (AFAIK). I say this having been raised
by my father, who also happens to be Israeli. Anyway, that aside, I'd
highly recommend ASE for experienced programmers who want to dive in
to Ada to see what it's all about. You have nothing to lose,
literally. The book is available for free online in pdf format. I also
took a look at one of his other books, "Understanding Programming
Languages", and that one looks good, too. Have any of you read the Ben-
Ari books? I'm especially interested to hear opinions about his
latest, "Principles of Concurrent and Distributed Programming" (2006).