From: horst@pcsbst.UUCP (horst)
Subject: Re: pro Ada argument?
Date: 22 Dec 89 18:05:48 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <629649952.9223@minster.york.ac.uk> forsyth@minster.york.ac.uk writes:

>  Horst Kern reports a novel approach to software engineering: let the
>  lawyers do it.  What a good way of settling technical arguments!  (See

Okay, I can see the  problem:  Even  though  everyone  was  called  to
participate  in  the  Ada effort, some people - like Edsgar Dijkstra -
have given their reasons for repelling all  three  language  proposals
and  are  now hoping that the Russians will use Ada too. (He made this
statement 6 years ago so it is perhaps not up to date any more.)

The current discussion makes it evident that the laws (again this word
which  is  so much disliked) of nature have not yet been discovered in
computer science. So I think it is a good discussion and nobody should
tell Ted Holdon to shut up.

Best regards,
 Horst