From: heymikey1215 <heymikey1215@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Trying to get an Ada compiler on a MacBook Pro
Date: 7 May 2007 18:26:49 -0700
Date: 2007-05-07T18:26:49-07:00	[thread overview]

On Apr 25, 4:45 pm, Jerry <lancebo...@qwest.net> wrote:
> On Apr 24, 9:04 am, brian.b.mcguinn...@lmco.com wrote:
>
> > Sorry to post this here, but when I try to post to
> > GNAT-...@hermes.gwu.edu I get a LISTSERV error
> > telling me that I am not allowed to post from my account.
>
> I don't know what the problem is with the LISTSERVE error, but you
> _really_ need to be on that list. There are a few common questions
> that arise whenever someone tries GNAT on Mac but they are not for the
> most part addressed on the macada web site. There is an asymmetry in
> that the compilers are kept up to date but the web site languishes.
> The list experts can answer all of your questions.

Well, I'm one of the list managers. The list accepts postings only
from members, and the setup requires you to join manually. This keeps
the spam away. Just visit

http://hermes.gwu.edu/archives/gnat-osx.html

It seems an odd URL, but that's the way the university set it up. Once
you're there, just click on the "join list" link and follow the
prompts. As usual in recent years, you'll get a confirmation e-mail
that will require you to click on a one-time link.

E-mail me privately if you're having trouble - please use
mfeldman@gwu.edu.

Enjoy -

Mike Feldman
George Washington University