* Ada at digg
@ 2007-04-30 16:44 Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2007-04-30 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I dug out all Ada and Lovelace related articles at digg:

http://digg.com/programming/Hibachi_The_Eclipse_Ada_Development_Tools_Project
http://digg.com/programming/Programming_Pioneer_Dies
http://digg.com/programming/Ada_Byron_Lovelace_First_Female_To_Understand_Computers
http://digg.com/programming/Ada_Development_Tools_for_Eclipse
http://digg.com/programming/Lady_Lovelace:_your_computer_has_a_lot_to_thanks_this_lady_for
http://digg.com/linux_unix/Linux_flies_with_real-time_Ada_apps_on_Euro_UAVs

I think the last one is especially interesting! If enough of us digg as well
we might get a story to the front page.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: Ada at digg
@ 2007-05-01  1:36 ` Justin Gombos
From: Justin Gombos @ 2007-05-01  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2007-04-30, Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> http://digg.com/programming/Ada_Byron_Lovelace_First_Female_To_Understand_Computers

What a lousy title.  While technically correct, it implies that women
were technically behind men.  She was the first programmer (period),
and just happens to be female.

--
PM instructions: do a C4esar Ciph3r on my address; retain punctuation.

* Re: Ada at digg
@ 2007-05-01  1:53   ` Markus E Leypold
From: Markus E Leypold @ 2007-05-01  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Justin Gombos <rpbkbq.xax.gld@uluv.kbq> writes:

> On 2007-04-30, Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> http://digg.com/programming/Ada_Byron_Lovelace_First_Female_To_Understand_Computers
>
> What a lousy title.  While technically correct, it implies that women
> were technically behind men.  She was the first programmer (period),
> and just happens to be female.

How about: "Females understood Computers first!" :-).

Regards -- Markus

* Re: Ada at digg
@ 2007-05-02 11:03   ` Harald Korneliussen
From: Harald Korneliussen @ 2007-05-02 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 1, 3:36 am, Justin Gombos <rpbkbq.xax....@uluv.kbq> wrote:
> On 2007-04-30, Martin Krischik <krisc...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> >http://digg.com/programming/Ada_Byron_Lovelace_First_Female_To_Unders...
>
> What a lousy title.  While technically correct, it implies that women
> were technically behind men.  She was the first programmer (period),
> and just happens to be female.

Digg has been criticised for a certain misogynistic culture.