From: John McCormick <mccormick@cs.uni.edu>
Subject: Re: Book for Learning Ada
Date: 22 Apr 2007 05:04:34 -0700
Date: 2007-04-22T05:04:34-07:00	[thread overview]

> Most importantly I'm looking for a book that is good.

As a second year student you may find some of the Ada textbooks more
to your liking than the good trade books already mentioned.  I'll
suggest (with a great deal of bias)

Programming and Problem Solving with Ada 95
Dale, Weems, and McCormick
Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2000

Ada Plus Data Structures: An Object-Oriented Approach
(uses Ada 2005)
Dale and McCormick
Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2007

I wrote these for the CS1 and CS2 courses.  Each chapter has one or
two case studies, each with design and complete programs.  I go
through both books in a course for 2nd year students with a Java or C+
+ background.

John