From: Jerry <lanceboyle@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Ada on Mac
Date: 19 Apr 2007 01:27:40 -0700
Date: 2007-04-19T01:27:40-07:00	[thread overview]

On Apr 19, 12:50 am, Maciej Sobczak <no.s...@no.spam.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to find what are the options for using Ada on Mac OS X.
> The archives of comp.lang.ada show only some old posts, so I hope to get
> some more up to date information after asking afresh.
>
> I have found the following:
>
> http://www.macada.org/compiler.html
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=132622&package_...
>
> Do you have any (strong?) opinions on these?
> Would you recommend something else?
>
> The objective is to have a free compiler for personal use.
>
> --
> Maciej Sobczak :http://www.msobczak.com/
> Programming    :http://www.msobczak.com/prog/

You are in the right neighborhood. The official site for Ada on Mac is
macada.org but it is out of date and thus gives a poor first
impression--the Mac Ada community is actually quite strong. There is a
new "experimental" web site at http://www.macada.org/macada/macada/Welcome.html.

**DO** join the mailing list which is very responsive. GNAT 4.2 and
4.3 are available as is a plug-in for Xcode, all in a proper Mac-style
installer.

Jerry