* Ada observed at Embedded Systems Conference
@ 2007-04-03 23:40 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2007-04-03 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was pleased to see Ada prominently featured at the Aonix booth, as
well as the AdaCore booth, today at the Embedded Systems Conference
Silicon Valley.

* Re: Ada observed at Embedded Systems Conference
@ 2007-04-06  4:31 ` adaworks
From: adaworks @ 2007-04-06  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

<tmoran@acm.org> wrote in message
>I was pleased to see Ada prominently featured at the Aonix booth, as
> well as the AdaCore booth, today at the Embedded Systems Conference
> Silicon Valley.

Great news.  I did not have time to get to ESC this year, and it is
nice to know that Ada was there.   I suppose Rational continues
to suppress any awareness that it once had a relationship with
Ada -- or did they also have an Ada presence?

Richard Riehle

* Re: Ada observed at Embedded Systems Conference
@ 2007-04-06  7:11   ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2007-04-06  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

>  <Rational> -- or did they also have an Ada presence?
  Afraid I missed seeing the Rational booth.

* Re: Ada observed at Embedded Systems Conference
@ 2007-04-06 12:25     ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2007-04-06 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

tmoran@acm.org wrote:
>>  <Rational> -- or did they also have an Ada presence?
>   Afraid I missed seeing the Rational booth.

There is no Rational and there has not been for a few years. IBM bought
Rational and it has been long enough where (almost) all traces of the
Rational name are now pretty much eliminated.

So, you would have been looking for the IBM booth.

* Re: Ada observed at Embedded Systems Conference
@ 2007-04-06 13:00     ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2007-04-06 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 6, 12:11 am, tmo...@acm.org wrote:
> >  <Rational> -- or did they also have an Ada presence?
>
>   Afraid I missed seeing the Rational booth.

I was at the conference, too. In addition, I did stop by AdaCore booth
and chat with folks (Wes, Albert and Greg) there.

AV

* Re: Ada observed at Embedded Systems Conference
@ 2007-04-06 14:00       ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2007-04-06 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> There is no Rational and there has not been for a few years. IBM bought
> Rational and it has been long enough where (almost) all traces of the
> Rational name are now pretty much eliminated.

  ??

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/rational/

* Re: Ada observed at Embedded Systems Conference
@ 2007-04-06 16:48         ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2007-04-06 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marco wrote:
>> There is no Rational and there has not been for a few years. IBM bought
>> Rational and it has been long enough where (almost) all traces of the
>> Rational name are now pretty much eliminated.
>

>   ??
>
> http://www-306.ibm.com/software/rational/

True...But my point is it would likely be an IBM booth not a rational
booth. The only place you will find the rational name is in someplace in
the name of the tool.

Looking for a 'Rational' booth now is like looking for a Lotus booth, a
Tivoli booth or a Websphere booth...