From: brian.b.mcguinness@lmco.com
Subject: Re: New Ada Standard
Date: 4 Apr 2007 04:56:37 -0700
Date: 2007-04-04T04:56:37-07:00	[thread overview]

On Apr 3, 7:37 pm, "Randy Brukardt" <r...@rrsoftware.com> wrote:

> In any case, the best choice is to call it "Ada"; it's now the standard and
> should be the default on new compilers (it certainly will be on Janus/Ada).
> If you need to reference the standard itself, that is "Amendment 1" (there
> is no standard document that includes the complete language; you have to
> merge three of them to get that, or use Ada Europe's consolidated standard -
> which isn't official anyway). You might need year numbers to talk about
> obsolete Ada versions like Ada 95, but not about the current one.
>
>                                   Randy.

To me, the term "Ada" could refer to any version of the language.  It
is
sometimes necessary to make it clear that you are referring to the
most
recent version of the language, and a term such as "Ada 2005" is a
convenient way of doing so.

For example, if someone wanted to inquire whether a certain compiler
supported all of the latest language features, he might ask whether
that compiler supported the full Ada 2005 standard.

--- Brian