From: "Adam Beneschan" <adam@irvine.com>
Subject: Re: prefix notation
Date: 12 Mar 2007 13:50:15 -0700
Date: 2007-03-12T13:50:15-07:00	[thread overview]

On Mar 12, 12:02 pm, Ali Bendriss <Bendr...@drc.ion.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Monday 12 March 2007 12:27, Jean-Pierre Rosen wrote:
>
> > Ali Bendriss a écrit :
>
> [...]
>
> Thanks for the precisions.
> I will make the distinction more clear (at list in my mind).
>
> > I don't know exactly what you are trying to achieve, but is Read a
> > property of Img? To me, it looks like a property of a Tiff object. The
> > method depends on the format of the file, not on the object being read.
> > Similarly, isn't Draw a method of Circle rather than Img? etc.
>
> For the moment I was thinking following what was already done by other
> binding; for example :
> - perl :http://www.imagemagick.org/script/perl-magick.php#example
> - c++ :http://www.imagemagick.org/Magick++/Image.html
>
> Maybe I'm wrong.
> But those two interfaces look like easy to understand and to use.

I looked at the first example you clicked on, and it had a list of
over 100 methods that can be applied to an image object.  If, as you
say, that interface  looks easy to understand, I guess I'm not sure
why you think an Ada package that declared approximately that many
methods would need to be split up to be readable.  Why would a large
Ada package spec be any less easy to understand?

                                    -- Adam