From: Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: function "and"
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:18:01 +0200
Date: 2004-10-06T10:18:01+02:00	[thread overview]

Rick Santa-Cruz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if I wanna overload the operator "and" then why I have to use quotes?

For the same reason you have to write "operator && ()"  in C++. Just so that
the compiler knows you want to overload the operator and not write a
functions named And. Of corse C++ only has only got very few operators
using keywords (sizeof, typeof and such like) - and non can be overloaded -
soe the operator keyword comes more naturaly then the quote in Ada.

> Are there other cases when I have to use quotes?

Wherever you would use the keyword operator in C++ - thats when you want to
write a userdefined operator.

With Regards

Martin

--