From: "freejack" <freejack@tds.net>
Subject: Linking Ada with large Assembler libs?
Date: 21 Feb 2007 13:29:56 -0800
Date: 2007-02-21T13:29:56-08:00	[thread overview]

The Machine Code Insertions sections of the relevant reference manuals
have been informative.

However, I'm linking my Ada code with pre-existing libs written in
Assembler. The GNAT manuals are a little sketchy on how to do this
properly. I'm using NASM and FASM Assembler code. Most of the
Assembler code deals primarily with I/O. I'm using Pragma No_Run_Time
and writing my own Binder files, with a good bit of success.
It's not such a big problem, as I can do it by fiddling with the
linker and manipulating the object code. But the result is messy and
error prone.

What are the best methods you guys have come up with for doing this
sort of manipulation?

freejack
Chris