From: Martin Krischik <martin@krischik.com>
Subject: Re: ASIS for MinGW GNAT
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:26:44 +0100
Date: 2005-02-12T09:26:44+01:00	[thread overview]

Fionn mac Cuimhaill wrote:

> I presume that this is a non-trivial project. Otherwise, it could
> reasonable expected to be already be a part of MinGW.

I am unsure if the MinGW maintainers are interested in ASIS. However, if you
are successful I make you a maintainer and you can make binary releases at
sourceforge

> Also, could somebody explain why ASIS is so sensitive to compiler
> versions?

Yes, the compiler writes tree files (Compiler option -gnatT, File XXX.adt)
which contain the semantic tree which ASIS reads for the analysis.

The library for reading and writing tree files is shared betreen compiler
and ASIS and changes frequently.

And since the tree file library ony exists as source you need to copy the
relevant files from the gcc directroy tree to the ASIS tree. (In *x one can
also use a symbolic link).

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net