* Which Eclipse Plugin?
@ 2007-02-11  7:43 Jason C. Wells
From: Jason C. Wells @ 2007-02-11  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

There appear to be three Ada plugins for Eclipse, Aonix, Gnatbench, and
Score.  I use gcc41 on FreeBSD 6.2 if that makes a difference.

Which is plugin is most suitable for a new Ada user?  Does using the
Aonix ADT necessitate using GNATGPL instead of my currently installed gcc41?

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells

* Re: Which Eclipse Plugin?
@ 2007-02-12 12:53 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2007-02-12 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 23:43 -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> There appear to be three Ada plugins for Eclipse, Aonix, Gnatbench, and
> Score.  I use gcc41 on FreeBSD 6.2 if that makes a difference.
>
> Which is plugin is most suitable for a new Ada user?  Does using the
> Aonix ADT necessitate using GNATGPL instead of my currently installed gcc41?

It may be best to just try the Aonix plugin; it is using
some binaries, so either FreeBSD can run Linux binaries,
or you have to make them from source if possible.

Just maybe there is a way to have the plugin use a GCC configuration
other than that of GNAT GPL edition. Some users seem to have
had difficulties with non-GPL GNAT setups.

* Re: Which Eclipse Plugin?
@ 2007-02-12 21:09   ` Simon Descarpentries
From: Simon Descarpentries @ 2007-02-12 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Georg Bauhaus a �crit :

> It may be best to just try the Aonix plugin; it is using

What's wrong with other plugins ?

--
Simon Descarpentries
www.fdn.fr/~sdescarp

* Re: Which Eclipse Plugin?
@ 2007-02-12 23:58     ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2007-02-12 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Descarpentries wrote:
> Georg Bauhaus a �crit :
>
>> It may be best to just try the Aonix plugin; it is using
>
> What's wrong with other plugins ?

Last time I checked, only the Aonix plugin was freely available.
I don't know of any of them that claim to work on the original posters
platform. The GNAT one does not even support Solaris at the moment.

* Re: Which Eclipse Plugin?
@ 2007-02-13 10:16     ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2007-02-13 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 22:09 +0100, Simon Descarpentries wrote:
> Georg Bauhaus a écrit :
>
> > It may be best to just try the Aonix plugin; it is using
>
> What's wrong with other plugins ?

Uh, nothing, I suppose. I should have said, if you wanted
to decide which one to use on FreeBSD with gcc41, it is
easy to just download the Aonix plugin and give it a try.
 Whereas GNATbench appears to be part of GNAT Pro targetting
VxWorks, like SCORE by DDC-I, and both seem to require
a commercial contract. (Nothing wrong with that, too.)