From: Georg Bauhaus <bauhaus@arcor.de>
Subject: Re: Which Eclipse Plugin?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:53:50 +0100
Date: 2007-02-12T13:52:24+01:00	[thread overview]

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 23:43 -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> There appear to be three Ada plugins for Eclipse, Aonix, Gnatbench, and
> Score.  I use gcc41 on FreeBSD 6.2 if that makes a difference.
>
> Which is plugin is most suitable for a new Ada user?  Does using the
> Aonix ADT necessitate using GNATGPL instead of my currently installed gcc41?

It may be best to just try the Aonix plugin; it is using
some binaries, so either FreeBSD can run Linux binaries,
or you have to make them from source if possible.

Just maybe there is a way to have the plugin use a GCC configuration
other than that of GNAT GPL edition. Some users seem to have
had difficulties with non-GPL GNAT setups.