* Problems with gcov
@ 2007-01-30 14:06 igor.prakljacic
From: igor.prakljacic @ 2007-01-30 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

i`m trying to use the gcov tool to measure the code coverage of my ada-
code, but it seems no to work.
I tried to measure the following code: (helloworld.adb)

with Ada.Text_IO;
use Ada.Text_IO;
procedure helloworld is
begin
   Put_Line("Hello World");
end helloworld;

The next steps are:

% gnatmake -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage helloworld.adb
gnatgcc -c -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage helloworld.adb
gnatbind -x helloworld.ali
gnatlink helloworld.ali

% ls
helloworld  helloworld.adb  helloworld.ali  helloworld.bb
helloworld.bbg  helloworld.o

% ./helloworld
Hello World

% ls
helloworld  helloworld.adb  helloworld.ali  helloworld.bb
helloworld.bbg  helloworld.o

There is no helloworld.gcno file.
What am i doing wrong.

Thanks

flux

* Re: Problems with gcov
@ 2007-01-30 20:35 ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2007-01-30 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

igor.prakljacic@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i`m trying to use the gcov tool to measure the code coverage of my ada-
> code, but it seems no to work.
> I tried to measure the following code: (helloworld.adb)
>
> with Ada.Text_IO;
> use Ada.Text_IO;
> procedure helloworld is
> begin
>    Put_Line("Hello World");
> end helloworld;
>
> The next steps are:
>
> % gnatmake -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage helloworld.adb
> gnatgcc -c -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage helloworld.adb
> gnatbind -x helloworld.ali
> gnatlink helloworld.ali
>
> % ls
> helloworld  helloworld.adb  helloworld.ali  helloworld.bb
> helloworld.bbg  helloworld.o
>
> % ./helloworld
> Hello World
>
> % ls
> helloworld  helloworld.adb  helloworld.ali  helloworld.bb
> helloworld.bbg  helloworld.o
>

> There is no helloworld.gcno file.
> What am i doing wrong.
>
> Thanks
>
> flux

Not sure. The same sequence of steps works for me on Centos.
What GCC/GNAT version are you using and what OS?

* Re: Problems with gcov
@ 2007-02-01  6:39 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2007-02-01  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

igor.prakljacic@gmail.com writes:

> % gnatmake -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage helloworld.adb
> gnatgcc -c -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage helloworld.adb
> gnatbind -x helloworld.ali
> gnatlink helloworld.ali
>
> % ls
> helloworld  helloworld.adb  helloworld.ali  helloworld.bb
> helloworld.bbg  helloworld.o
>
> % ./helloworld
> Hello World
>
> % ls
> helloworld  helloworld.adb  helloworld.ali  helloworld.bb
> helloworld.bbg  helloworld.o

GNATs based on GCC 2 (eg, GNAT 3.15p) use the .bb and .bbg files, and
the output would be in .da files. GNAT GPL 2006 (on Mac OS X at any
rate) uses the .gcno and .gcda files.

Ah! On this machine I get

$ gnatmake -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage helloworld.adb -f
gcc -c -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage helloworld.adb
gnatbind -x helloworld.ali
gnatlink helloworld.ali -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage

so the gnatlink call is different ...