From: "pascal.obry@gmail.com" <pascal.obry@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Annoucing memcache-ada 0.1
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 02:50:55 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2011-01-17T02:50:55-08:00	[thread overview]

Yannick,

> You indeed at least missed an important point : there is *never* something
> like stateful with web process. This is a fundamental consequence of the
> client browsing process. “Stateful web server” concept makes no sense. As
> the user can go back and forward in his/her navigation history, the only
> possible state must be stored in pages stored in the browser, and if ever
> needed, these states informations must be transmitted to the web server
> via POST (preferably, personal feeling). In the web, there is a per-page
> state at the client side, not a per-cession state at the server side.

Well yes and no. In AWS the only token sent is a cookie for a per user
state.

We also support per-page state, see Web_Block technology where a MD5
is
auto-magically injected into each page. Basically:

   1. there is a state on the server, user can (via the callback)
update,
      a context object.

   2. when sending the response to the web browser a MD5 of the full