* Re: Address of Colin Atkinson
@ 1992-03-21  7:24 cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!menudo.uh.edu!cl2.cl.uh.edu!
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!menudo.uh.edu!cl2.cl.uh.edu! @ 1992-03-21  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1992Mar20.152921.421@jyu.fi>, sakkinen@jyu.fi (Markku Sakkinen) wri
tes...
>In article <873@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu> goodsenj@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (John Goodsen) wri
tes:
>>DRAGOON from the Esprit project is (IMHO) the nicest object-oriented
>
>I just got the book in my hands, and its approach to OOP certainly
>pleases me on a first sight.
>
>While the work for the book has been done mainly in London,
>Colin Atkinson seems to have moved to the University of Houston
>- Clear Lake before the publication.  Does anybody in these groups
>know his e-mail address there?

You might try atkinson@cl.uh.edu  or  atkinson@uhcl2.bitnet
But I am not 100% sure of his user name.  The school address is:

   University of Houston
   2700 Bay Area Boulevard
   Houston, Texas 77058-1080
   USA

It is not a very large school, so including his name with the
address should get land mail to him.

* Re: Address of Colin Atkinson
@ 1992-03-24 17:50 mcsun!ieunet!ccvax.ucd.ie!vms.eurokom.ie!adimaio
From: mcsun!ieunet!ccvax.ucd.ie!vms.eurokom.ie!adimaio @ 1992-03-24 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1992Mar20.152921.421@jyu.fi>, sakkinen@jyu.fi (Markku Sakkinen) wri
tes:
> In article <873@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu> goodsenj@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (John Goodsen) wr
ites:
>>DRAGOON from the Esprit project is (IMHO) the nicest object-oriented
>>pre-processor that I've seen.  DRAGOON is a language, implemented as
>>an Ada preprocessor (ie. generates pure Ada).  DRAGOON supports the
>>The book by Colin Atkinson:
>>
>>"Object-Oriented Reuse, Concurrency and Distribution: An Ada-Based
>>Approach", ACM Press, 1991, ISBN: 0201565277
>>
>>is very well written and describes the language succintly and
>>completely.
>
> I just got the book in my hands, and its approach to OOP certainly
> pleases me on a first sight.
>
> While the work for the book has been done mainly in London,
> Colin Atkinson seems to have moved to the University of Houston
> - Clear Lake before the publication.  Does anybody in these groups
> know his e-mail address there?
>
> Thanks in advance!

> Markku Sakkinen (sakkinen@jytko.jyu.fi)
>        SAKKINEN@FINJYU.bitnet (alternative network address)
> Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
> University of Jyvaskyla (a's with umlauts)
> PL 35
> SF-40351 Jyvaskyla (umlauts again)
> Finland
The address of Colin Atkinson is: