From: msblows@hotmail.com
Subject: Tash + ObjectAda Help
Date: 20 Dec 2006 15:17:01 -0800
Date: 2006-12-20T15:17:01-08:00	[thread overview]

Hello, I've been trying to get Tash and ObjectAda to cooperate and have
had some problems.  I've never worked with importing from other
languages so please bear with me.  My environment is Nt4.0, ObjectAda
7.2.2, VC++ 6.0 (if its needed) and Tcl/Tk 8.4.14 installed.  My needs
are strictly gui at this point.  My first goal was to get the inlcuded
TASH hello_world program running.  The first thing I notice is I have
to move a lot of pragma inline calls from after the definition in the
body to after the declaration in the spec - not sure if that's an
ObjectAda-ism or the antiquity of my compiler.  So after getting
through all those, I have 239 unresolved externals, doh.  So I add
c:\tcl\lib to the linker-only list of links - that gets me down to 8
unresolved externals, huzzah.  I notice in the src directory of the
Tash tarball there are two .a files, hmm, that's a unix/linux
archive-linky-thing, eh?  So maybe I have to create equivalent .libs
for Windows?  I try building a static library out of the tclmacro.c and
tkmacro.c using VC and include them in ObjectAda, but now I am down to
just one error, fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file LIBC.lib.  I get
this one error whether I'm including c:\tcl\lib or not, so I'm not
certain I really need to include it now?  I'm *guessing* something is
wrong with the .libs I made with VC.  Can anyone make some
suggestions/observations?  Thanks!