* Looking for New Host to keep AdaVox, APQ, & HPUX 11 GNAT Info
@ 2006-11-02 18:00 Charmed Snark
From: Charmed Snark @ 2006-11-02 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Long timers to this group may remember me from quite a
while ago (http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg). I have been
noticeably absent from this group over the last
couple of years to pursue other interests.

Briefly, with the onset of age, people often
prioritize what is most important to
them in life. So on the whole (with small
exceptions), I no longer write software, Ada
or otherwise. This is to allow me time to
pursue some other interests that I have.

In connection with this, I am looking for a new home
for:

  1. The posted AdaVox software
  2. The APQ database software
  3. Information I had for HPUX-11 porting of the
     GNAT compiler.

The content in question is available here:

   http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg/software.html

I have a limited amount of website space available
(without extra cost). So I am in the process of
removing some content to make room for new
content.

Anyone who wants to take over the hosting and/or
development of AdaVox, or APQ software should let
me know. I plan to remove the AdaVox software
within about 1 week from today.

I will keep APQ on the website for the moment,
even though I am not actively maintaining it.
If some able database developer wants to host
and maintain it, I would be interested in
hearing from you so that I can free up that
space as well.

Once I have cleaned up the space, I have
some community contributed patches to APQ to
make available.

If the HPUX-11 information is of any interest
to folks, please write me if you wish to
host it (or let me know if it is hosted
elsewhere). I will be removing that content
in approximately one week from today.

Email me at wwg +a+t+ ve3wwg.ca if you are
interested in hosting any of the above
information.

Thanks for your past and present support,

Warren.

* Re: Looking for New Host to keep AdaVox, APQ, & HPUX 11 GNAT Info
@ 2006-11-02 19:53 ` Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2006-11-02 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Why not sourceforge ?
/Per

@ 2006-11-02 20:05   ` Charmed Snark
From: Charmed Snark @ 2006-11-02 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Per Sandberg wrote:
> Why not sourceforge ?
> /Per

It's not entirely about disk space. I don't have the time
necessary to maintain this stuff. If someone wants to
put it up on sourceforge (or wherever), that is fine
by me.

Warren.

@ 2006-11-03  9:44     ` Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2006-11-03  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Charmed Snark wrote:

> Per Sandberg wrote:
>> Why not sourceforge ?
>> /Per
>
> It's not entirely about disk space. I don't have the time
> necessary to maintain this stuff. If someone wants to
> put it up on sourceforge (or wherever), that is fine
> by me.
>
> Warren.

As of late, OSS advocates tend to recommend other sites based in some
changes in SF policy. Savannah is a commonly cited alternative (I have no
experience with it).

Alex.

* Re: Looking for New Host to keep AdaVox, APQ, & HPUX 11 GNAT Info
@ 2006-11-03 11:54     ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2006-11-03 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Charmed Snark schrieb:
> Per Sandberg wrote:
>> Why not sourceforge ?
>> /Per
>
> It's not entirely about disk space. I don't have the time
> necessary to maintain this stuff. If someone wants to
> put it up on sourceforge (or wherever), that is fine
> by me.

One more argument for sourceforge as it features "abandoned project take
over".

Martin

* Re: Looking for New Host to keep AdaVox, APQ, & HPUX 11 GNAT Info
@ 2006-11-06 13:05 ` Adrian Hoe
From: Adrian Hoe @ 2006-11-06 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Warren,

It's sad to hear that you are away from software development. But, heh,
good luck with your new interest. You must be enjoying do it.

I don't mind to host and maintain your content. But, I may or may not
have time to maintain the code. I am using MySQL actively, so I may
have a chance to maintain the code for MySQL. Not the Windows part as I
have moved away from Windows long time ago.

What is the size of the content?

If it is ok for you, please tar.gz and email it to me.

Best regards,
--
AdrianHoe
http://adrianhoe.com