From: "Marco" <prenom_nomus@yahoo.com>
Subject: Ada vendors - Re: ANNOUNCE- AonixADT Ada Development Toolkit for Eclipse version 3.11
Date: 15 Oct 2006 10:27:38 -0700
Date: 2006-10-15T10:27:38-07:00	[thread overview]

Jeffrey Creem wrote:
> Greenhills still has no Ada Eclipse but continues to update their Ada
> offerings (though their 2005 plans still seem in doubt). Though they
> tend to be aggressive in sales you never see a new product announcement
> here.

  Let's not bash Greenhills they have provided good Ada support over
the years. Ada 2005 updates should be customer driven, let's face it
you can hardly buy a complete C99 compliant compiler 7 years later.

> Rational/IBM seems to have the problem that they are so big one can
> never be sure if they sell any tool anymore (not just Ada) since stuff
> is so bogged down in the "software is a service/craft you a solution"
> mentality.

  Rational/IBM still sells Ada but hasn't updated their products in
years, unless you have to, I think it would be foolish to get Ada from
them now.

> Of course it could be that the vendors got tired of getting yelled at
> for commercial postings on Usenet.  We are a hard group of people to please.

  as long as they put ANN: or ANNOUNCE in the title instead of
disguising it as a topic I have no problem, in fact I tend to look at
them versus other crap that is posted

  Maybe other posters could list the current Ada compiler vendors and
their status.