* ECCN vs OSS
@ 2006-09-25 19:40 Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2006-09-25 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been asked for the ECCN for the Booch Components. My first
reaction was 'huh?' but on checking via Google I can see there might
be some point to the question. Is there any 'standard' way of dealing
with OSS in this context? (Since there is no crypto support in the BCs
perhaps they count as mass-market software & are covered under
exception TSU ... whatever that is)

* Re: ECCN vs OSS
@ 2006-09-25 19:53 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2006-09-25 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Wright

Simon Wright a �crit :
> I've been asked for the ECCN for the Booch Components. My first
> reaction was 'huh?' but on checking via Google I can see there might
> be some point to the question. Is there any 'standard' way of dealing
> with OSS in this context? (Since there is no crypto support in the BCs
> perhaps they count as mass-market software & are covered under
> exception TSU ... whatever that is)

Outch! what are you talking about ? :)

ECCN ?
TSU ?

Maybe I'm really tired :)

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|

* Re: ECCN vs OSS
@ 2006-09-26  7:15 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2006-09-26  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 20:40 +0100, Simon Wright wrote:
> I've been asked for the ECCN for the Booch Components.

I guess you could refer to Booch's book. Being an international
standard publication maybe this serves as a waiver. (IANAL).

Would you have to export the BCs from the USA?
If not, there is EAR99.