From: "Ludovic Brenta" <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: Maintenance of ada-mode.el
Date: 10 Aug 2006 05:29:40 -0700
Date: 2006-08-10T05:29:40-07:00	[thread overview]

Stephen Leake a écrit :
> Nothing has happened yet. I've been very busy at work, and at home
> with painting and cleaning up falling trees.

I understand. I too am busy, I just bought a new home so you can
imagine what I'm up to.

> My plan is to check out the current FSF Emacs sources, change the
> maintainer in ada-mode.el to me, and send that to someone with
> check-in priviledges.

Sounds good. I suggest you also request write privilege for yourself;
this can take a lot of time to get through, so better start early.

> Then I'll see if adding an ada-mode mailing list to the savannah emacs
> site is acceptable. Otherwise, I'll look for another listserve.

I hope they agree to a list on the Savannah. Ideally a list dedicated
to ada-mode, but I think an acceptable second choice would be a list
for all programming language modes.

> Then we can have a discussion of what to do next.

I'll gladly participate. Please let me know if and when things move
again.

> It has been suggested that we just use comp.lang.ada, but I suspect
> there are emacs ada mode users that don't read this newsgroup. I also
> suspect I'll be told to use the main emacs mailing lists, but they
> have far too much other traffic for my taste.

Agreed on both accounts.

> Thanks for the nudge, though :). I'll try to make progress on this
> soon.

:)

--
Ludovic Brenta.