* Software Architecture
@ 2006-07-17 19:27 Richard
From: Richard @ 2006-07-17 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

We have just started a new group dedicated to
software architecture on Google. It is called,

          software.eng.architecture

We welcome contributions on this topic.

Thanks,

Richard Riehle

* Ada died (no shit)
@ 2006-07-19  7:55 ` Craig Carey
From: Craig Carey @ 2006-07-19  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 Jul 2006 12:27:38 -07h, Richard Riehle <rdriehle@nps.edu> wrote:

Mr Riehle stated in the first message that the forum is for students
of that US Naval Postgraduate school:  http://www.nps.edu/

I wrote two messages trashing the Ada, and Mr Taft can explain why
he added the "tagged" since it looks it should not have been added.

The original announcement went to:
comp.software-eng, comp.object, comp.lang.ada.

The forum: http://groups.google.com/group/softwareengarchitecture

I wrote to it, noting that competent design of Ada had stopped at
least about 9-10 years ago. Needless to say Brukardt can mislead.

http://groups.google.com/group/softwareengarchitecture/browse_thread/thread/d155af70ba555583

http://groups.google.com/group/softwareengarchitecture/browse_thread/thread/cd640cf8ec292167
| Tues, Jul 18 2006 2:49 pm
| * ... It might not be possible
|   for the ARG to have run a more vicious and full scale
|   attack on the public than what France, IBM, and Adacore's
|   Mr Dewar ...

| [Mr Tucker] Taft did [not] stop with the stupidity of
| dispatching procs, but even personally believed Java was
| important.

Dispatching procedures replace a case statement, and if Taft's
"tagged" was absent then it would occur that Ada programmers made
little use of the case statement to implement dispatching.

Ie. C programmers 'lied' when claiming that object orientation was
important.

Her's a false claim: Now with 9x and presumably because of O.O.,
programs are measured at 30% smaller. It is untrue.

Irvine copies (so wait for their comments about 200x):

From: http://www.irvine.com/whatsada2.html

Actually OO seems to aim for:
   (1) allowing Ada programmers to not produce a case statement with
   similar procedure calls in each "when" part.

The destruction of transparency muyst have been create by Taft since
he was one of the first to speak when discussions became dishonest in
arg@ada-auth,org, in October 2002. The ARG destroys its records and
can't undo the mistakes in made in release 9x.

Anyway, I wrote of maritime captains in the thread named
"Constant record components" (2-14 July 2006) beating Mr Riehle with
the hit-Java forum of students of the US Naval Academy.

How many sensed an Ada community unfriendly yet got one of the many
dangling deception-hooks embedded in their upper mouth.

The ARG: http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG9/organize.htm

Mr G A Craig Carey

Hahj, Mr Riehle-time: it shouldn't take Brukardt more than 20yrs.
Soon to be shot out by Naval Academy staff
.

* Re: Ada died (no shit)
@ 2006-07-19  8:57   ` Craig Carey
From: Craig Carey @ 2006-07-19  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:55:56 +1200, Craig Carey <research@ijs.co.nz>
wrote:

>On 17 Jul 2006 12:27:38 -07h, Richard Riehle <rdriehle@nps.edu> wrote:

I correct a major error of getting these two US naval schools mixed:

  * The US Naval Postgraduate school:
    http://www.nps.edu/Adminsrv/LegalServices/Navigation/FOIA.html
    is at Montery Bay, 120 (to 140) miles south of San Francisco,
    California.

  * The Naval Academy is in Annapolis, Mayland state;
    http://www.usna.edu/AdminSupport/foia.htm

Some one else can explain the explain the causal ease with which
the words "Object Orientated" were produced since whichever year it
was. Ada's idea of tagged might differ from C++'s Object Orientated.

Craig Carey, Auckland New Zealand.

* Re: Ada died (no shit)
@ 2006-07-31 15:13     ` Tom Royer
From: Tom Royer @ 2006-07-31 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Craig Carey" <research@ijs.co.nz> wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:55:56 +1200, Craig Carey <research@ijs.co.nz>
> wrote:
>
>>On 17 Jul 2006 12:27:38 -07h, Richard Riehle <rdriehle@nps.edu> wrote:
>
> I correct a major error of getting these two US naval schools mixed:
>
>  * The US Naval Postgraduate school:
>    http://www.nps.edu/Adminsrv/LegalServices/Navigation/FOIA.html
>    is at Montery Bay, 120 (to 140) miles south of San Francisco,
>    California.
>
>  * The Naval Academy is in Annapolis, Mayland state;
>    http://www.usna.edu/AdminSupport/foia.htm
>

> Some one else can explain the explain the causal ease with which
> the words "Object Orientated" were produced since whichever year it
> was. Ada's idea of tagged might differ from C++'s Object Orientated.

Not to be anal about it, but it's oriented, not orientated.