From: Georg Bauhaus <bauhaus@futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: What is Delta??
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:38:23 +0200
Date: 2006-05-12T18:37:30+02:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 06:49 -0700, Martin Krischik wrote:

> PS: its "you" not "u" - we are software engeneers here and not getto
> kits.

Martin,
if you could kindly consider being a little more thoughtful when
using  the word "ghetto". Not only because of its tradition in fairly
recent European history, but also because it seems you do not really
understand what you are talking about. There is a lot to know about
former Cabrini Green, the history of Chinese/Italian/Spanish/etc.
quarters in New York, the "suburbs" of Calcutta, Duisburg-Bruckhausen,
the aptness of the term "ghetto", and the various influences on
language, the probability of low budget thieving, and the distribution
of parental educational resources.
(Nothing implied here as regards the participants of this thread!)
Also there is more to say about the pride and meaning that some young
inhabitants (or not) of their quarters attach to the term "ghetto kid".

If you dislike IRC slang or whatever it is, or want to say,
"Young man, I must say I don't appreciate your way of addressing
things. What have you learned so far?", there is of course nothing
wrong with that.

All these 'u's and 'i's aren't highly and directly correlated with
being able to understand Ada, and not indicative of a sloppy way.
Proof attempt:
Technically, decades of "ghetto music" have shown various and
sophisticated construction patterns, played by highly skilled
musicians, technical masters not only of their instruments but
also of the theory of music. A frequent finding with programmers.
(I'm sure you will be able to pick someone to whom these qualifications
do not apply.)

Conversely, knowing Ada very well is not an indicator of being a poet.
OTOH, being a very good and knowledgeable programmer is a necessary
requirement for involvement in high budget organized computer aided
fraud.
I'm not accusing you or me or anyone, of course. Even though, by age
and "class", criminal statistics demonstrably makes finding high
rate bribery more likely among people in their mid-40s and beyond
who work, for example, in the car industries, which is, I hear,
a target of Ada advocacy.

FWIW, famous mathematicians did the very same thing, they abbreviate
a lot in their hand written letters. I invite you to have a look
at specimen written by Euler, or Gauß.

Sathish,
I have learned that in c.l.ada it is the custom to present some
proof of foregoing efforts to learn something or tackle a problem.
A good way IMHO, and may I suggest you try this approach and present
a few specific problems, written in Ada by you, that your have tried
with a compiler.

Georg
Please excuse the length.