* about difference between ADA83 and ADA95
@ 2006-05-11  8:04 Sathish Veluswamy
From: Sathish Veluswamy @ 2006-05-11  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi..

Please tell me the difference between ADA83 and ADA95 in detail and if
possible with some examples which explains the difference clearly.

* Re: about difference between ADA83 and ADA95
@ 2006-05-11  9:30 ` Florian Liekweg
From: Florian Liekweg @ 2006-05-11  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sathish Veluswamy wrote:
> Hi..
>
> Please tell me the difference between ADA83 and ADA95 in detail and if
> possible with some examples which explains the difference clearly.

Hi, Sathish,

while I'm not proficient enough in the Ada language to give You a comprehensive
answer, i'd suggest that a look at the Ada Manual and Rationale of the two
Ada versions might be helpful.  They can both be read online:

http://www.adahome.com/Resources/refs/83.html and
http://www.adahome.com/Resources/refs/rat95.html

Furthermore, I woulnd't be surprised if http://www.adahome.com/ had some more
information that could help You.

cheers,
Florian

* Re: about difference between ADA83 and ADA95
@ 2006-05-11 11:46 ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2006-05-11 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 11 May 2006 04:04:32 -0400, Sathish Veluswamy
<vsaathish@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi..
>
> Please tell me the difference between ADA83 and ADA95 in detail and if
> possible with some examples which explains the difference clearly.

There's a chart at
http://www.adacore.com/home/ada_answers/comparison-chart that gives a very
high-level comparison of the features available in the three versions of
Ada.  Not much info, but an overview that might get you started.

* Re: about difference between ADA83 and ADA95
@ 2006-05-11 16:05   ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2006-05-11 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ed Falis" <falis@verizon.net> writes:

> There's a chart at
> http://www.adacore.com/home/ada_answers/comparison-chart that gives a
> very  high-level comparison of the features available in the three
> versions of  Ada.  Not much info, but an overview that might get you
> started.

Right.  More detailed info is available in the AARM.
Look at:

http://www.adaic.org/standards/ada05.html

and you will find various documents.  If you look in the AARM,
you will find detailed lists of all changes between Ada 83 and Ada 95,
and also between Ada 95 and Ada 2005.

The three big features added between 83 and 95 were:

Support for OOP (tagged types, class-wide types, dispatching calls, ...)

Hierarchical library units (child packages)

Protected objects

- Bob

* Re: about difference between ADA83 and ADA95
@ 2006-05-11 18:11 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2006-05-11 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sathish Veluswamy wrote:
> Hi..
>
> Please tell me the difference between ADA83 and ADA95 in detail and if
> possible with some examples which explains the difference clearly.

Check out page:

http://www.adaic.com/standards/ada83.html

And specifically:

http://archive.adaic.com/docs/compat-guide/compat-guide6-0.txt

There is a .pdf version at:

http://unicoi.kennesaw.edu/ase/ase02_01/docs/compat/compat-guide6-0.pdf

Cheers
-- Martin

* Re: about difference between ADA83 and ADA95
@ 2006-05-12  9:13   ` Sathish Veluswamy
From: Sathish Veluswamy @ 2006-05-12  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi buddy..

Thanks for your valid reply ..