* FTP tranfer
@ 2006-04-23  4:41 Callithrix
From: Callithrix @ 2006-04-23  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Anybody can point me to an example of FTP file download from Ada code
(GNAT GPL 2005)? Or post it here. Currently I'm spawning external FTP
client, but this is way too unaesthetic.

I tried to do a search for such an example, but gave up because of lots
of info noise related to use the FTP to download Ada code.

Thanks in advance.

* Re: FTP tranfer
@ 2006-04-23 13:52 ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2006-04-23 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Callithrix wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anybody can point me to an example of FTP file download from Ada code
> (GNAT GPL 2005)? Or post it here. Currently I'm spawning external FTP
> client, but this is way too unaesthetic.
>
> I tried to do a search for such an example, but gave up because of lots
> of info noise related to use the FTP to download Ada code.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Seems like there should be something else out there but I am not aware
of anything.

Take a look at

http://www.adaworld.com/internetmain.html

At the project labeled Internet Protocols

Be sure to read the project description which has additional downloads
including FTP stuff. Seems a little fragmented and perhaps a little
win32 specific still (not sure).

Should be a reasonable starting point if nothing else.

* Re: FTP tranfer
@ 2006-04-24 23:10 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2006-04-24 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Callithrix" <rhezusfactor@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anybody can point me to an example of FTP file download from Ada code
> (GNAT GPL 2005)? Or post it here. Currently I'm spawning external FTP
> client, but this is way too unaesthetic.

There is a unreleased FTP package for Claw (using Claw.Sockets, of course).
The code isn't particularly Windows-specific, so it probably could be
modified for other environments. (Claw sockets doesn't depend much on the
rest of Claw, and could have been created separately. We looked at making a
version of Claw sockets for Linux, but we don't use Linux enough to actually
do that.)

(This was included in Claw because it seemed weird by itself; if we had
packages for other common protocols as well it would make more sense.)

Tom probably can tell you more about the FTP package.

                                      Randy.

* Re: FTP tranfer
@ 2006-04-25 20:54   ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2006-04-25 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

>There is a unreleased FTP package for Claw (using Claw.Sockets, of course).
>Tom probably can tell you more about the FTP package.
   I can send the ftp package, and the supporting sockets stuff
(NC.Sockets for NotClaw.Sockets, see comp.lang.ada Nov 21, 2003 (why does
a Google Groups search not show Subject?)) is already at www.adaworld.com
under Ada Projects/Ada Internet Projects/Internet Protocols as a file
nc.zip

* Re: FTP tranfer
@ 2006-04-25 21:05     ` Callithrix
From: Callithrix @ 2006-04-25 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to all responded. No need to send the file, I found it OK. It
should do.