From: "John" <jpwoodruff@irisinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Palatable Windows IO using Ada
Date: 7 Apr 2006 14:19:02 -0700
Date: 2006-04-07T14:19:02-07:00	[thread overview]

Le wrote:
> I are looking for Ada package(s) which make Windows serial IO more
> palatable for varying length asynchronous inputs.

I am aware of a body of work called "Ada Terminal Emulator" that is
signed by Ross Higson.  rosshigson@optusnet.com.au

It's just part of my packrat's nest, so I can't easily say where I got
it, but it might be that some portions of its implementation will be
interesting.  References in its documentation might lead to something
as well.

> My team is laying a large legacy Ada application on top of Windows XP.
> There is a fair amount of serial IO which follows a VMS flavor -
> pending reads while writes stimulate responses back to the reading
> tasks & sets of terminator characters to delimit messages.

Twenty or so years ago I worked for a year while between assignments on
a product then called Silas.  I wonder if you're dealing with one his
grandsons.

John Woodruff
retired software engineer.