From: "Gene" <gene.ressler@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: 2d graph
Date: 24 Mar 2006 19:12:25 -0800
Date: 2006-03-24T19:12:25-08:00	[thread overview]

Anders Wirzenius wrote:
> I want to produce a 2d graph to be presented as an image on a HTML page.
> Does anyone have an Ada example for, say, SVG?

I don't have an ada example, but you can do all the graph drawing with
standard javascript so that your ada code only needs to generates a
javascript call.

An example that uses tables and stretched bitmaps to draw histograms is
at

http://www.dean.usma.edu/feedback/report.htm

Click on any of the "histogram" links.  You're welcome to use the
javascript graphing routines you'll find in the listing of the left
hand frame.

If you need a line graph, you can use the same approach with the
javascript graphics library at

http://www.walterzorn.com/jsgraphics/jsgraphics_e.htm

See the "function plotter" link for example.  I have used this
successfully on several small projects.  Again, your ada has little to
do.  Just set up calls to javascript routines.