From: "cybersaga" <cybersaga@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: DLL Troubles
Date: 19 Mar 2006 12:23:47 -0800
Date: 2006-03-19T12:23:47-08:00	[thread overview]

Actually, I am using a project file, for both the dll and the main
program. Here's what the DLL's project contains:
-------mydll.gpr---------------------
project Mydll is
   for Source_Files use ("mydll.adb", "mydll.ads");
   for Library_Name use "mydll";
   for Library_Kind use "dynamic";
   for Library_Dir use "dll";
end Mydll;
-------------------------------------

As to "linking directly to the DLL", I need to be able to load the DLL
dynamically.

I'm beginning to believe this problem stems from my lack of an AdaInit
call, as mentioned in the second post. However, I can't seem to get an
AdaInit call to work. This is what I added to mydll.adb:
----
   procedure InitMe is
      procedure AdaInit;
      pragma Import (C, AdaInit);
   begin
      AdaInit;
   end InitMe;
---

I of course exported that procedure (InitMe) as well. However, when
compiling, I get an error: f:\shs\bugtest\mydll.adb:19: undefined
reference to `adainit'
Line 19 is of course my call to AdaInit.

Am I doing this correctly?
Also, do I need to import using C if I'll only be using this in an Ada
program? Can I do something like "Import (Ada, AdaInit)"? (This of
course doesn't solve the compile problem, I tried).