* Complete Rationale for Ada 2005 available on AdaIC
@ 2006-02-26  0:57 Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2006-02-26  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

The ARA is proud to announce that the complete Ada 2005 Rationale is now
available on its website at http://www.adaic.com/standards/rationale05.html.

The Rationale for Ada 2005 provides an overview of Ada 2005 features,
examples of their use, compatibility with Ada 95, and more. It was written
by John Barnes, and was sponsored in part by the Ada Resource Association.

It is available in HTML and PDF formats. It is currently available only
on-line (not for download), as there is an overall revision planned to
convert it into a single book format.

              Randy Brukardt
              Technical Webmaster, Adaic.org/.com

* Re: Complete Rationale for Ada 2005 available on AdaIC
@ 2006-02-27 23:24 ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2006-02-27 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Job well done. By the way, this is my favorite reading. Special kudos
to Randy and John.

AV

@ 2006-03-01  1:24 ` Björn Persson
From: Björn Persson @ 2006-03-01  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy Brukardt wrote:
> The ARA is proud to announce that the complete Ada 2005 Rationale is now
> available on its website at http://www.adaic.com/standards/rationale05.html.

It looks like a really good resource. Can we help making it even better
by reporting errors?

In Rat-1-3-1.html, on the line "type DT3 is new T1 and Int1 and Int2
with ...", the "and"s aren't bold.

--
Bj�rn Persson                              PGP key A88682FD
                    omb jor ers @sv ge.

* Re: Complete Rationale for Ada 2005 available on AdaIC
@ 2006-03-02  1:48   ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2006-03-02  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Bj�rn Persson" <spam-away@nowhere.nil> wrote in message
> Randy Brukardt wrote:
> > The ARA is proud to announce that the complete Ada 2005 Rationale is now
> > available on its website at
http://www.adaic.com/standards/rationale05.html.

> It looks like a really good resource. Can we help making it even better
> by reporting errors?
>
> In Rat-1-3-1.html, on the line "type DT3 is new T1 and Int1 and Int2
> with ...", the "and"s aren't bold.

Doesn't having a few typos make it more fun?? ;-)

I've fixed this one in the HTML version (I only change the PDFs when John
makes new ones, which is a lot less often); hopefully there won't be one of
these every day...

                          Randy.

* Re: Complete Rationale for Ada 2005 available on AdaIC
@ 2006-03-03 18:28     ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2006-03-03 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy Brukardt wrote:
> "Björn Persson" <spam-away@nowhere.nil> wrote in message
> > Randy Brukardt wrote:
> > > The ARA is proud to announce that the complete Ada 2005 Rationale is now
> > > available on its website at
> http://www.adaic.com/standards/rationale05.html.
> >
> > It looks like a really good resource. Can we help making it even better
> > by reporting errors?
> >
> > In Rat-1-3-1.html, on the line "type DT3 is new T1 and Int1 and Int2
> > with ...", the "and"s aren't bold.
>
> Doesn't having a few typos make it more fun?? ;-)
>
> I've fixed this one in the HTML version (I only change the PDFs when John
> makes new ones, which is a lot less often); hopefully there won't be one of
> these every day...

I just checked the pdf that I downloaded way back. They have been
bolded as intended.

AV