From: "Lucretia" <lucretia9@lycos.co.uk>
Subject: Re: ada binding
Date: 10 Feb 2006 08:06:24 -0800
Date: 2006-02-10T08:06:24-08:00	[thread overview]

Szymon Guz wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got a very simple question, lets assume that I've got a library
> written in "C++" (e.g. wxWindows) and I want to make an Ada binding. I
> saw that there is a project wxAda, but noone developes that. On the

Actually, I do. It's not got very far yet, as it's extremely confusing
and time consuming and I just haven't had the time to do it.

> wxAda page there is information that between wxWindows and Ada there is
> another layer - it is a C library and I don't understand just one thing:
> how to make an Ada binding for a "C++" class using this C layer ?

As the other poster has pointed out, the C layer is what the Ada code
interfaces with. Inside the Ada layer it is then possible to inherit
from the C++ classes.

The idea of wxAda is provide wxWidgets for any Ada compiler, not just
those that *can* import C++ libraries - but saying that, when you
interface with C++ libraries you end up with a C++ like library in Ada
- not very Ada like.

Luke.

P.S: the source isn't anywhere near ready yet.