* GPS Project File Error
@ 2004-04-15 18:37 Simon Lewis
From: Simon Lewis @ 2004-04-15 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

If anyone knows how to get rid of a 'project file' compile error in GPS
is would be a great help. I have to comment the folowing 3 lines out:

[SNIP]

package Pretty_Printer is
       for Default_Switches ("Ada") use ("");
end Pretty_Printer;

ERROR:
"pretty-printer" is not an allowed package name
warning - undefined attribute: "default swiches"

[\SNIP]

Im sure It someting easy to fix.  It keeps adding these lines in the
project file and i cant find the switch in the IDE to turn it off.

What does this pretty printing thing do?

Full code for the project file is shown below:

project Robotdriver is

    for Languages use ("Ada");
    for Source_Dirs use (".", "sim\");
    for Object_Dir use "build";
    for Main use ("robotdriver.adb");

    package Builder is
       for Default_Switches ("ada") use ("-g", "-gnatQ");
       for Default_Switches ("Ada") use ("-g", "-gnatQ");
    end Builder;

    package Compiler is
       for Default_Switches ("ada") use ("-g");
       for Default_Switches ("c") use ("");
       for Default_Switches ("c++") use ("");
       for Default_Switches ("Ada") use ("-gnatf", "-g");
    end Compiler;

    package Binder is
       for Default_Switches ("ada") use ("-static");
    end Binder;

    package Linker is
       for Default_Switches ("ada") use ("-g");
    end Linker;

    package Pretty_Printer is
       for Default_Switches ("Ada") use ("");
    end Pretty_Printer;

end Robotdriver;

Thanks for your help

--
Simon Lewis

Can you believe this, Marge? They're paying me to eat! -- Homer Simpson

* Re: GPS Project File Error
@ 2004-04-15 19:03 ` Simon Lewis
From: Simon Lewis @ 2004-04-15 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I may have found the answer:

http://www.talkaboutprogramming.com/group/comp.lang.ada/messages/141082.html

I look forward to more answers :D

thanks

--

@ 2004-04-15 20:17   ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2004-04-15 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Lewis writes:
> I may have found the answer:
>
> http://www.talkaboutprogramming.com/group/comp.lang.ada/messages/141082.html
>
> I look forward to more answers :D

I've disabled the pretty printer feature in the Debian build of GPS.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: GPS Project File Error
@ 2004-04-16  1:45 ` Jeff C,
From: Jeff C, @ 2004-04-16  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Simon Lewis" <sheepboy69uk@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> If anyone knows how to get rid of a 'project file' compile error in GPS
> is would be a great help. I have to comment the folowing 3 lines out:

This is a pretty big pain. I stopped using GNAT 3.15 and switched to newer
GCC versions because this was driving me crazy. I know it may be less stable
and
give me access to features that others do not have but GNAT 3.15 is not
usable with GPS out of the box.

* Re: GPS Project File Error
@ 2004-04-16  6:20 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2004-04-16  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Lewis wrote:

> If anyone knows how to get rid of a 'project file' compile error in GPS
> is would be a great help. I have to comment the folowing 3 lines out:
>
> [SNIP]
>
> package Pretty_Printer is
>        for Default_Switches ("Ada") use ("");
> end Pretty_Printer;
>
> ERROR:
> "pretty-printer" is not an allowed package name
> warning - undefined attribute: "default swiches"
>
> [\SNIP]

The Pretty Printer is a new feature available for paying A.S.I.S. customers.
However the old compiler does not know about it so it moans.

While it might be difficult to motivate one the paying customers to provide
you with pretty printer sources (They could if they wanted to - its GPL) at
least newer versions of the compiler know about the pretty printer and will
ingnore the statement if no pretty printer is installed.

You just have to compile your own compiler.

With Regads

Martin

--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net