From: "Craig Carey <research@ijs.co.nz>" <research@ijs.co.nz>
Subject: Re: GNAT Debugger
Date: 13 Jan 2006 17:12:01 -0800
Date: 2006-01-13T17:12:01-08:00	[thread overview]

What could be done it done is to write a task that runs in parallel
that accepts commands for Gdb via TCP.

>From what I saw of Gdb, it won't stop or catch exceptions when
attaching has been done. Maybe workarounds are needed.

---

This C community is starting to look like that ADA: that has most
vendors, especially including GNAT and IBM, put all their core
discussions on substantive improvements to ADA, in a the single zip
file of the chief censor (eg. a censor since censoring  reasoning for
censoring).

| Newsgroups: comp.std.c++
| From: John Nagle <n...@animats.com> - Find messages by this author
| Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:24:50 CST
| Subject: Re: why no new types from typedef?
|
|     If you want a new type, you can write
|
|         class A: public B {};
|
| Admittedly you can't subclass the built-in types, something
| Java and Smalltalk allow but C++ does not.
|
|                                         John Nagle
|                                         Animats
|
| Tinct wrote:
|
| > In Pascal/ADA, "TYPE B is A" generates a new type B, the behavior
| > of A and B are the identical. But B is not A. That is,
*| In c++, "typedef A B" means that B is a replacer/abbreviation of A.
*| No new type B is generated!

It seems that Java or Python could be a remedy.

Craig Carey