* "Invalid Prefix in selected component X" Error
@ 2005-10-20 16:05 markp
From: markp @ 2005-10-20 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am getting this error and my code seems to be pretty straightforward.
I have a package called "X" that has a function that returns a boolean.
>From another package, I have a line similar to :

Temp_Boolean := X.Procedure_A(Y => 5);

The error shows up on this line. I can call procedures from the package
with no problems.

* Re: "Invalid Prefix in selected component X" Error
@ 2005-10-20 16:13 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2005-10-20 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

markp a écrit :
> I am getting this error and my code seems to be pretty straightforward.
> I have a package called "X" that has a function that returns a boolean.
> >From another package, I have a line similar to :
>
> Temp_Boolean := X.Procedure_A(Y => 5);
>
> The error shows up on this line. I can call procedures from the package
> with no problems.

X is not a package, maybe you forgot the "with X;" or you have a
variable
named X that hides the package.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: "Invalid Prefix in selected component X" Error
@ 2005-10-20 16:31 ` Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 2005-10-20 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

markp wrote:
> I am getting this error and my code seems to be pretty straightforward.
> I have a package called "X" that has a function that returns a boolean.
>>From another package, I have a line similar to :
>
> Temp_Boolean := X.Procedure_A(Y => 5);
>
> The error shows up on this line. I can call procedures from the package
> with no problems.

In the package where you are having this problem, is there a "with"
clause for package X?

--
"All things extant in this world,
Gods of Heaven, gods of Earth,

"Drizzle, Drazzle, Drozzle, Drome,
Time for the this one to come home!"
- Mr. Lizard from "Tutor Turtle"

* Re: "Invalid Prefix in selected component X" Error
@ 2005-10-20 16:34   ` markp
From: markp @ 2005-10-20 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, I do have a with for the package X.

What is the error message trying to say?

* Re: "Invalid Prefix in selected component X" Error
@ 2005-10-20 16:52     ` Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 2005-10-20 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

markp wrote:
> Yes, I do have a with for the package X.
>
> What is the error message trying to say?

Does this package declare another entity named X?

--

@ 2005-10-20 17:03     ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2005-10-20 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

markp wrote:
> Yes, I do have a with for the package X.
>
> What is the error message trying to say?

Try finding "selected_component" (with underscore) in the RM.

The error message is referring to this Ada language term. The message
might some day say something that can more easily be understood
if you don't know this. There has been a discussion on this on
the GCC mailing list.

* Re: "Invalid Prefix in selected component X" Error
@ 2005-10-20 17:15       ` markp
From: markp @ 2005-10-20 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

No, there is no other entity called "x". I will lookup
"selected_component" in the RM.

* Re: "Invalid Prefix in selected component X" Error
@ 2005-10-20 17:28         ` markp
From: markp @ 2005-10-20 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, found the problem. I did have another entitiy called X buried in
the code. Thanks for all of your help!