* GNATWIN with GPL edition?
@ 2005-10-06 11:17 randomm
From: randomm @ 2005-10-06 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys, I was wondering if you can install GNATWIN on top of the GPL
edition.  I used to have 3.15p and GNATWIN and I don't see anything
like it for GPL.

Thanks.

* Re: GNATWIN with GPL edition?
@ 2005-10-06 12:10 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-10-06 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

randomm@mindless.com wrote:
> Hi guys, I was wondering if you can install GNATWIN on top of the GPL
> edition.  I used to have 3.15p and GNATWIN and I don't see anything
> like it for GPL.

Are you looking for Win32Ada? It is there...

Cheers

-- Martin

* Re: GNATWIN with GPL edition?
@ 2005-10-06 12:16   ` randomm
From: randomm @ 2005-10-06 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Martin,

I am trying to get started, and I remembered that GNATWIN had great
samples.  I didn't see any WIN stuff in the GPL examples.

I'm not sure what Win32Ada is...is that the equivalent of the GNATWIN
stuff?  Are there sample programs?

Rand

* Re: GNATWIN with GPL edition?
@ 2005-10-06 12:43     ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-10-06 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

randomm@mindless.com wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I am trying to get started, and I remembered that GNATWIN had great
> samples.  I didn't see any WIN stuff in the GPL examples.
>
> I'm not sure what Win32Ada is...is that the equivalent of the GNATWIN
> stuff?  Are there sample programs?

If you go back to the GNAT GPL download page there is an installation
package called Win32Ada - it has the Win32 binding and has examples.

Alternatively, as you want a native Windows library - get Claw
(www.rrsoftware.com) - it's a much better abstraction of the Windows API!
:-)

Cheers

-- Martin

* Re: GNATWIN with GPL edition?
@ 2005-10-06 15:06       ` randomm
From: randomm @ 2005-10-06 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Dowie wrote:
> randomm@mindless.com wrote:

snip

> If you go back to the GNAT GPL download page there is an installation
> package called Win32Ada - it has the Win32 binding and has examples.

I couldn't find Win32Ada on the list.  Is GTKAda the right thing- or is
that something completely different?

> Alternatively, as you want a native Windows library - get Claw
> (www.rrsoftware.com) - it's a much better abstraction of the Windows API!
> :-)

Thanks, I'll do that!

Rand

* Re: GNATWIN with GPL edition?
@ 2005-10-06 15:42         ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-10-06 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

randomm@mindless.com wrote:
> I couldn't find Win32Ada on the list.  Is GTKAda the right thing- or is
> that something completely different?

It won't be listed unless you select Windows as your platform... there
is a drop-down list for this.

GtkAda is a windowing framework that supports linux, windows, etc. But
as you seemed to be interested in a windows binding, I offered Claw as a
native solution.

Cheers

-- Martin

* Re: GNATWIN with GPL edition?
@ 2005-10-06 17:33           ` randomm
From: randomm @ 2005-10-06 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Dowie wrote:
> randomm@mindless.com wrote:
> It won't be listed unless you select Windows as your platform... there
> is a drop-down list for this.
>
> Cheers
>
> -- Martin

DOH!

thanks, I found it.

* Re: GNATWIN with GPL edition?
@ 2005-10-06 18:47       ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2005-10-06 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Dowie wrote:

> Alternatively, as you want a native Windows library - get Claw
> (www.rrsoftware.com) - it's a much better abstraction of the Windows API!
> :-)

Or JEWL, if you don't mind the GPL:

http://www.cmis.brighton.ac.uk/staff/je/jewl/