From: "Anatoly Chernyshev" <a_chernyshev@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: AWS 2.1 and WinXP
Date: 22 Sep 2005 16:02:50 -0700
Date: 2005-09-22T16:02:50-07:00	[thread overview]

> Do you still have the old Cygnus version? Could it be worth a try to
> reinstall it and try ?
> I have been trying to find an old version of cygwin to try but havent found
> any so far.

Don't know if it's worth, but certainly not appealing. Yet, AWS always
was compiled from Windows command prompt without problems.

To  Jeffrey Carter:

I downloaded AWS 2.0 once and tried to install it on XP. The only
installation instructions seem to be for UNIX systems. One is
instructed
to run "make", but I don't have that and it didn't come with AWS. There
is no indication that anything else is required, so I'm not going to
2nd
guess them and try to figure out what they might have intended.

When they get the instructions cleaned up I'll probably take another
look.
Well, "make" used to come with GNAT. In GNAT GPL files it's called
gnumake-3.79.1-nt.exe.

The instructions are brief indeed, but it's been working, at least with
default options, with no additional features like Adaxml, posix etc.
Now it's not. Even the older AWS versions are not compiled under XP.