From: "Isaac Gouy" <igouy@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Sad Day for Ada - Update your links
Date: 12 Sep 2005 10:39:24 -0700
Date: 2005-09-12T10:39:24-07:00	[thread overview]

Jeff Creem wrote:
> Larry Kilgallen wrote:
> > In article <pfmdnZ2dnZ19cd2mnZ2dnQMmvd6dnZ2dRVn-zJ2dnZ0@comcast.com>, Jeff Creem <jcreem@yahoo.com> writes:
> >

> >>So consider this a reminder for those that have Ada websites that any
> >>links to ada home dot com should be removed to reduce the page rank.
> >

> > Why post a general request like that rather than going to the 167 people
> > involved ?
> >

> 1) That is a lot of people but I like the idea.

It's not that many.

When Brent Fulgham re-started The Great Computer Language Shootout
there were many many links to Doug Bagley's obsolete (no longer in
existence) website - so week after week we used the search engines to
find pages that linked to the obsolete site, traced the owners and
emailed them with the URL for the new site.

Of course there still are webpages that reference the obsolete site,
but not so many that they prevent a search finding the active website.

> 2) It won't stop new people from linking to it.

Do a search every few months and contact the first 10 websites that
have linked to ada home - it's like weeding.